Applications for our 2017 Summer Internships are now closed.
At Police Bank, we offer a professional program to help kick start your career. You will spend 10 weeks in our business targeting a discipline of your interest, taking all the opportunities to understand what life is like as a colleague of the bank, all the while being supported in the start of your career.
During the internship you will:
- gain exposure to industry experts
- contribute to companywide projects
- understand our extensive community sponsorship program
- receive practical learning
- participate in professional training
- receive access to amazing networking opportunities
|Applications open||10 August 2017|
|Applications close||31 August 2017|
|Program starts||4 December 2017|
|Program end||9 February 2018|
Throughout the process and regardless of whether you are successful in your application or progressing through the stages of our recruitment process we will contact you.
Step one: Apply for the internship
Applications are accepted via an online form.
Step two: Phone Interview
Successful applicants will participate in a phone interview with a member of the HR team to discuss:
- Your interest in joining Police Bank’s summer internship
- Career opportunities – areas of interest
Step Three: Attend an information session and group interview
Applicants progressing to the next stage will attend an information session and group interview, which will be held at our Head Office in Surry Hills will include:
- Information sessions from executive team members
- Group based activities
- Networking opportunity with Police Bank team members
The session is your opportunity to shine, show us who you are and also to decide if Police Bank is for you.
Step Four: Face to face interview
Following the information session and group interview day, we will invite successful applicants for a short interview with senior leader of the business.
Step five: Reference and CV check (national police check)
You will be required to complete pre-employment testing (which will focus on your drive for results, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and social drive national police check). We will then conduct a national police check and contact one personal or work referee as a final step in our process.
You will be required to complete a questionnaire relating to the police check and provide one contact person that we can speak with to obtain a reference.
Step six: Your offer
If you are a successful applicant, we will contact you to make an offer, at this time we will provide you with the information that you will need to assist in make your decision.
- Applicants must be in their Penultimate year student (2nd last year of degree)
- Applicants must be on track to complete their degree with a minimum Credit average
- Applicants must have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency in Australia or New Zealand
- Applicants must be available to work from 4th December 2017 – 9th February 2018