The Christmas season is upon us. While there are those of us that thrive in the festive spirit others can’t help but to unleash a torrent of whinging and sulking during the month of December.
Here’s our sure-fire way to weed out the office Grinch from your casual whinger, so that you can focus your attention on giving them a little extra Christmas cheer during this dreaded time of year.
- Greet your colleagues with a different Christmas carol every morning. The office Grinch will be shuddering in their skin – and may eventually have an expletive-laden outburst about the horrors of working in retail during the festive season of 1993.
- Start putting up office Christmas decorations in November. Nothing boils the blood of Grinches than being caught off-guard by a bit of early Computer-screen tinsel, and you’ll be sure to feel the warmth of their anger every time they come near.
- Wear a daggy Christmas accessories every day. The eye rolls will be too hard to hide.
- Find those who aren’t part of the office Secret Santa. The thought of buying pointless $2-Shop presents is enough to turn a green grinchy face red.
- Keep an eye out for the Christmas Party absentees. Bring the Christmas party to them!
- Ask IT to change the background of every office computer to an iconic Christmas photo. The aggressive grunts every time they log on will be a dead give away.
- Listen to “All I want for Christmas is you” on repeat. While Mariah’s voice soothes the soul of all Christmas fanatics, for a Grinch it is like fingernails down a chalkboard.
- Brag about how you bought all your Christmas present early. Everyone knows a Grinch will put off the present buying until the shops are full and the sales are finished.
- Disguise a Christmas cake as a regular cake. While the Christmas lovers will be overwhelmed with joy at the extra surprise of fruitcake, our Grinches can be found at the nearest bin.