Online Loan / Credit Card Application
How We Compare
How We Compare
Police Value Home Loan
Police Bank’s secure online loan application allows you to quickly and easily apply for a loan. Please read the details below to make sure you have everything you need to get you started.
Who can apply for a loan?
You can apply for a loan individually or jointly with one other person or multiple person/s. To apply you need to:
- be at least 18 years old.
- have a regular income.
- be a permanent Australian resident.
- be able to make your repayments.
- want to borrow more than $5,000.
What do you need to complete your application?
- if you are a Police Bank Member, you will need your Member Number and your Internet Banking password – If you do not have Internet Banking access please call our Assistance Centre on 131 728 to obtain a password.
- if you are not yet a Member you can apply for Membership during the application.
- your email address and other contact details (including previous home addresses from the last 3 years).
- what you earn (including, for example, wages and/or salary).
- your employer’s name, address and phone number (including previous employers from the last 3 years).
- details of what you owe (eg. on credit cards, store cards, other loans or child maintenance).
- details of your own assets (eg. your house or car, and investments like shares).
- your driver’s licence number (if you have one).
Things to know before you apply
- this application will take you around 15 minutes to complete.
- approval for a Police Bank Loan depends on our credit assessment criteria.
- make sure you know the costs of your loan. See our current fees and charges and interest rates.
- a loan is a debt that you will have to repay. Before you apply check your repayments with our loan calculator.
After you apply
As soon as we’ve received your application we’ll ring you within 48 business hours.
We might need to check some of the details you’ve given us, or get more information. We’ll let you know if we need anything extra from you.
We’ll take one or two working days to assess your application for conditional approval.
After we’ve finished verifying your application, we will contact you with our decision and approval conditions. If conditions are met, we will prepare your contract and post it to you. This could take 3 or 4 days for personal loans and overdrafts. If your loan is a personal loan or a top-up to an existing home loan, documents will be mailed out to you within 48 hours (please allow for postal time). If your loan is a new home loan contracts will be forwarded to our solicitors to conduct necessary searches and prepare mortgage documents.
If you’re new to Police Bank we will attempt to identify you electronically but may request further identification if required.
Once your contract is signed we’ll make your funds available to you via deposit to a Police Bank account, cheque or electronic transfer.
For more information please contact our Assistance Centre on 131 728 or visit your nearest Police Bank Branch.
Click below to be referred to Police Bank’s secure Online Loan Application website.